Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lets call it Lunch

While I've got about a million things on my to-do list to get my house feeling like its 'holiday ready', I'm hungry... And so far today, I've done pretty good with good food choices (fruit and cottage cheese smoothie- which tastes way better than it sounds btw, oatmeal sweetened with a tsp of honey and cinnamon, *two... Fine, I'll be honest.. three girl guide cookies- which will not get me down..)... So that leads me to cleaning out my fridge to see what kind of leftovers I still have to make something that's going to taste great and not leave my stomach growling! ... And this is what I came up with!! Rice bowl with two fried eggs, fried leftover (now shaved) steak, topped with sautéed baby spinach! 

Key ingredients were: fresh lime (like three total) salt, pepper(lotsa pepper), and 'Guacamoltea Mix' (by 'Steeped Tea) -in the pan when frying up the rice and the steak, which I fried up separate.
 After everything was ready and the pan was still hot, I threw in a generous handful of baby spinach and tossed it till it was just softening. Pile it all up as its ready, I ordered it 1. Eggs, 2 rice, 3. Steak, and 4. Spinach 😀 Best part is that my tummy feels full and it tasted so good that I'm not craving all the deliciously terrible choices I was tempted to make (ie. Poutine with shaved steak...) Ha! Take that cravings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment